Make a meaningful impact as a Line Cook at Daily Provisions!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
A Line Cook at Daily Provisions Upper West Side location will excel at directing the fast-paced intersection between plating and service, while up-holding each dish’s integrity as it delivered to our guests. We are looking for hardworking, enthusiastic team members with a desire to learn cooking techniques.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Ability to maintain mental athleticism and coordination of tickets and sending out plates
- Strong communication skills to convey needs and complete the transaction in a professional manner
- Ability to maintain and ensure proper plate presentation and cleanliness
- Excitement and willingness to learn dishes and recipes from all meal periods
- Have knowledge of Department of Health (DOH) standards
- Culinary degree or 1-year line cooking experience preferred but not required
Daily Provisions will proudly operate under Hospitality Included, USHG’s non-tipping pay structure and career progression model. Hospitality Included acts to close the wage disparity between the BOH and FOH, while keeping the FOH whole. Hospitality Included provides a career progression model that activates growth levels within each position, for our team members to advance both financially and professionally.