Make a meaningful impact as a Part-time Houseperson at Gramercy Terrace!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Gramercy Terrace is seeking a Part-time Houseperson to join our team here at the rooftop event venue of the Gramercy Park Hotel. We host corporate functions, weddings and social events. The Houseperson position is a support position that is key to the daily set up and execution of events. This is an entry-level position with a ton of room for growth, and we are looking for organized individuals that are eager to learn.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we’ve won 28 James Beard awards)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passes and hotels – just to name a few…
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future- and you can take it with you when you leave
- Access to more than 50 Learning and Development programs to support your growth & development
- Access to Mentor Programs and Career Development advice to help you navigate your career options with us
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Event set-up and break-down
- Organize and maintain storage of china, glassware, equipment, furniture, and other items
- Maintain cleanliness of space
- Service support - bus tables, assist porters, assist bar set-up
- Collaborate with front of house team
- Ability to lift 10-50lbs
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely with teammates and guests
- Able to understand guests’ needs
- Able to clearly communicate food and beverage knowledge to teammates and guest
- High School Diploma
- Conflict resolution
- Customer service