Senior Software Engineer (UI Developer)
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
To succeed in this challenging journey we have setup multiple co-located team across the globe (Hyderabad, US, Europe), embracing the scaled agile framework, a Micro Services approach combined with the DevOps model. We have passionate engineers working full time on this new platform in Hyderabad and it’s only the beginning. You will have the chance to work with brilliant people and some of the best development and design firms in addition of working with cutting edge technologies as React, Elixir, Node.js, Ruby, Docker, Kubernetes.
We are looking for exceptional UI full stack developers to join our team and also learn new technology as Node.js which some of our teams already use. You will work jointly with existing engineering team, Architect and DevOps to form a fully autonomous development squad and be in charge of one part of the product.
- Minimum 6+ years of software engineering development experience background working with developing cloud based enterprise solutions.
- Experience in UI Test frameworks (CasperJS, PhantomJS, Mocha, Jasmine, Enzyme,JEST, Selenium, etc.)
- Advanced design, debugging and coding skills
- Proficient building responsive cross browser UI’s
- Experience with code versioning tools, preferably Git (Github) and the feature branch workflow
- Good knowledge in working with REST API*, Web services,GraphQL and SAML* integrations
- Good knowledge on Browser Developer Tools, Responsive design
- Experience working with databases preferably Postgres.
- Experience with DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, AWS)(Good to have)
- Experience with automation tools like Maven, Gradle, NPM, WebPack, Grunt
- Must know how to code applications on Unix/Linux based systems*.
- Experience in working with Agile/Scrum environment*.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Prepare for Release Planning, including:
- Support Product Management in program backlog refinement, and estimating features and epics.
- Actively participate in Release Planning:
- Establish own capacity/velocity for each increment.
- Support story refinement, help identify risks and dependencies.
- Support the Agile Team in establishing achievable PI objectives.
- Help to identify dependencies and foster cross team co-ordination.
- Commit to the mutually agreed plan.
- Prepare for Iteration Planning, including:
- Actively participate in backlog refinement sessions in collaboration with other Agile team members.
- Identify and capture backlog items local to the team, such as defects and refactors.
- Actively participate in team planning and contributing to team goals.
- Volunteer for and commit to delivering stories and tasks within the iteration.
Education and Certifications:
- BE or MCA or equivalent preferred
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.