Inside Account Executive
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
We are currently recruiting ambitious and professional Account Executives to help us with new account acquisition within a defined territory. Upon successful completion of our in-house training program, incumbents will embark upon a rewarding career as “hunters”; bringing their prospecting skills to a new level. They will walk prospective clients through the entire sales cycle beginning with prospecting and concluding with a customized business solution for a new customer. The ultimate goal of this position is to broaden the Skillsoft customer base and develop long term business relationships opportunity
- Identify opportunities with potential customer accounts
- Exhibit prospecting skills to identify, qualify and close new business
- Setting phone meetings with business leaders and decision makers including “C” level executives
- Develop and maintain relationships with new buying accounts
- Deliver professional customer presentations that articulate the Skillsoft value proposition
- Utilize professional selling expertise and business acumen to meet and exceed sales targets within a broad geographic sales territory
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with excellent interpersonal skills
- A resourceful and creative individual with excellent time management skills
- Advanced negotiation and objection handling skills are essential in this role
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- A tested and proven track record in sales, with 2-5 years’ sales experience selling using a consultative sales approach
- Experience in a B2B selling environment is preferred
- Experience selling in a consultative sales approach environment
- Excellent ability in analyzing opportunity for cross-sell and up-sell potential within existing books of business
- Experience with cold calling, business development and account development
- Must have an understanding of the different steps involved in a sales cycle and demonstrated ability to advance the sale
- Sales experience in a technology-oriented field is considered an asset
- Knowledge of CRM software packages and proficiency in Microsoft Office Products is necessary
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!