Software Engineer - II
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
The Software Engineer II will review, analyze, design, implement, and modify aspects of approved applications. The Software Engineer II will write code, complete documentation and unit test systems and applications. The Software Engineer II will assist in converting project specifications and procedures to detailed logical flow charts for coding into appropriate language.
• Implementation, maintenance and development of new and existing modules and applications using internal and offshore resources
• Developing server-side and client-side code for internal and external web applications
• Participate in the review of technical documents for system design
• Writing unit tests, automated regression tests and tracking defects as they occur
• Building and improving C# applications and other proprietary software components
• Works collaboratively with QA engineers through participation in the testing process and review of QA documentation
• When written documentation is required, provide clearly written documentation that is appropriate for the intended audience
• Contribute to the product management and development team through timely participation in team activities such as status meetings and technical reviews (requirements, design, code, etc)
• Participate in architectural design and provide input to architects and product management on issues and concerns
• Ensure that the long-term architectural and performance strategies are considered with designing and coding solutions
• Participate in the development of technical specifications for our products, driving any new technologies that have been adopted into actual use.
• Stay current on our shared component library and help insure we are reusing shared components and not rebuilding them, and additionally look for opportunities for the business solutions to contribute to the shared component library
Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of professional software development experience
• Software Development experience in both web applications and OS, Windows and/or UNIX/Linux operating systems
• Domain experience in the Human Capital Management (HCM)
• Experience with Angular, Bootstrap, Node.JS, .NET Core
• Experience using SQL Server 2016/2012
• Exposure to design/implementation of application using N-Tier architecture
• Experience working in Agile development teams using SCRUM
• Strong knowledge of source code management in a collaborative environment using GIT, Gerrit, and Jenkins
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.