Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
We are seeking a dynamic and innovative German speaking Solution Architect who will be an integral member of SumTotal’s sales organization. Home based from either the UK or Germany, this will involve gaining a deep understanding of the prospect’s business needs and then presenting the SumTotal product solution in sales demonstrations, setting appropriate expectations to ensure customer satisfaction during the entire sales cycle.
- Develop and deliver configured demonstrations and presentations that illustrate SumTotal’s ability to enhance customer and prospects business operations.
- Respond to prospect’s or customer’s concerns during meetings by articulating clear and concise information on the benefits of the SumTotal solutions.
- Present SumTotal’s technical architecture and hosting capabilities as it relates to the customer’s and prospect’s environment and technical requirements.
- Assist in response generation to RFI/RFPs identify and create answers that provide value and benefits to our prospects.
- Documenting and providing knowledge transfer of key prospect information to the services team once a contract is signed.
- Provide support for Sales & Marketing events with presentations and demonstrations as required.
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge and trends relating to e-learning, LMS, HR and Talent Development technologies.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business or Technical related field
- Fluent written and spoken business German language skills
- 5+ years experience in a Pre-sales or Solutions Consultant role in the software industry
- 2-4+ years of experience in the Human Capital Management (HCM) industry
- Self-motivated individual with a passion for HR technology and solutions
- Exceptional overall communication skills
- Creative and critical thinking in order to deliver solution demonstrations that exceed customer expectations
- Basic experience of using at least one of the following: HTML, SQL Server, Web Services or .Net.
- Experience using Salesforce and other digital business tools
This role will require up to 50% travel, mainly within the EMEA region
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.