Director, Strategic Content Marketing
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
The Director of Strategic Content Marketing oversees all marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, and positive customer behavior. This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement. The position collaborates with the departments of public relations, communications, marketing, sales, customer service, and HR to help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer. Ultimately, the job of the Content Strategist is leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new business and customer advocacy.
- Provide content strategy and expertise within the organization.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content across each buyer persona.
- Map out a content strategy - in close alignment with product marketing - that elevates and differentiates our various Customer Segments - Leadership & Business, Tech & Dev, and Compliance.
- Develop and maintain a functional content calendar across the Customer Segments.
- Manage and develop a team of writers, editors, content strategists, visual and graphic designers - both internal and external.
- Conduct ongoing measurement to gauge content effectiveness and make recommendations based on those results. Work with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and Customer Segment goals.
- Develop standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Leverage market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics. Establish workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content. Work with technical team to implement appropriate CMS.
- Conduct periodic competitive audits.
- Ensure consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing a plus.
- 10-15 years of experience as a respected leader and manager in multichannel content marketing creation.
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills a must
- Top-notch project leadership skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively drive results in a matrix environment.
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.