Cloud Deployment Analyst II
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
The Deployment Test Engineer collaborates with Development, QA, Cloud Operations, and Cloud Deployment teams to develop and execute test plans on pre-release and release candidate builds in addition to GA software. This team will also maintain a test lab environment to perform regular deployment, operational, and functional testing on software and automation platforms.
- Participate in the full life cycle of an agile project and design and execute manual and automated test scripts
- Develop and execute maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
- Assist in the creation of test project status reports and metrics and provide regular status to the management
- End to End Management of Devlab environment for Deployment and Testing
- Work to eliminate manual steps, reduce cycle time, and increase coverage of test script
- Troubleshoot build and deploy failures in the DevLab environment, and facilitate resolution through tracking of incident tickets with Operations or Development teams.
- Provide assurance that exactly what was tested and signed off is deployed between environments and ultimately into production through an automated and repeatable approach that minimizes manual steps.
- Lead release reviews and post mortems
Skills & Qualifications:
- Prior/current experience in an operations team responsible for routine application builds and deployments
- Experience in of SQL scripting and IIS Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience solving problems with innovative solutions.
- Strong technical analysis, writing skills, and attention to detail.
- Basic debugging skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Ability to adapt, multi-task, and prioritize.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Software Test Automation tools like Selenium, Protractor, Cucumber, jUnit, TestNG
- VRA & VRO system administration and development experience
- VMware vsphere including the management, provisioning and deprovisioning of VMs
- Strong IIS Experience
- Strong Knowledge of Windows Server.
- ISTQB Certification is preferred
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.