Make a meaningful impact as the General Manager at Manhatta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Manhatta General Manager works side-by-side with the Culinary Director and Director of Catering Sales to help imagine, define and execute the first and only USHG restaurant and on site event space as well as leading the daily operations of the business. They are accountable for the financial health of the business as well as the overall quality of hospitality, service, food and beverage that they oversee. They work closely with the rest of the management team and line staff to ensure that the highest standards are upheld in the aforementioned areas.
General Managers plan and coordinate the operations of their business unit by working closely with the Director of Operations. Together they ensure that the operational areas of their business are aligned with the mission of Manhatta and the vision and core values of Union Square Hospitality Group.
This position requires unwavering leadership, the ability to manage change, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and quick action / follow through as well as a deep understanding of how to drive the P&L statement. The General Manager actively embodies, inspires and teaches skills that will embody the Family Values of Union Square Hospitality Group.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Participation in annual bonus plan and long-term incentive plan
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
Key Responsibilities (More details here)
- Ensure the excellence of the service and hospitality provided by the entire team
- Lead the management team and staff in providing a consistently outstanding guest experience
- Ensure that the entire team is informed of Manhatta and USHG initiatives
- Direct and supervise the HR practices of the business in order to maintain a top-notch, high performing team
- Guide all unit departments in upholding the excellence and efficiency of the business operations
- Ensure the business delivers on the brand promise while achieving desired profitability
- Engage business unit team with aligned community investment activities
- Continuously build a high-performance team
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Strong communication and listening skills to develop trusting relationships with peers and guests
- The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure
- A warm, compassionate, and team-focused approach
- Open availability
- 5+ years of experience running a successful restaurant
- Previous experience with online reservation systems such as Open Table or Resy
- Hospitality Degree/Certification