Director, Corporate Communications
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Reporting directly to the CMO, the Director of Corporate Communications will lead a team of Communications professionals to build, tell, and scale the Skillsoft story as we enter the next phase of our high-growth journey. This individual will successfully promote Skillsoft to a range of constituents, including influencers and customers while helping to position Skillsoft as the recognized leader in corporate e-learning across all customer segments. The Director of Corporate Communications will manage public, analyst, and influencer relations as well as our customer reference program. This role will require working closely with our Content Marketing team to build thought leadership programs that reinforce our story and help us communicate the value of what we do for our customers every single day - ignite a culture of skills development.
- Define the Corporate Communications vision and strategy globally and lead the team to deliver extraordinary results.
- Proactively build communications campaigns to advance the company's mission, strategy, results and culture.
- Lead an experienced global media relations team to deliver breakthrough PR across business and industry media.
- Oversee the Analyst Relations team to ensure Skillsoft and Sumtotal are positioned as leaders in key analyst rankings.
- Develop thoughtful narratives and raise the profiles of executive leaders through our Executive Communications function.
- Inspire, build, and lead a strong team by coaching and developing existing team members.
- Work closely with the entire Marketing leadership team to define the strategic objectives for the business and build strong working relationships to deliver as a team.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 15+ years of corporate communications leadership/management experience; must have experience across public and analyst relations and executive communications.
- Direct experience in enterprise software industry and SaaS.
- Demonstrated experience developing global communications strategy and tactics.
- Demonstrated expertise in driving multi-channel awareness and establishing a corporate voice.
- Strong communicator, oral and written, with confidence to develop and present ideas.
- Balance of strategic vision and tactical execution.
- High degree of creativity, flexibility, energy and enthusiasm.
at managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent planning, organizational and project management skills.
- Proven experience with change management and organizational transformation.
- BA or equivalent experience; Masters preferred.
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.