Cloud Operations Senior Systems Administrator
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
The Data Center team at SumTotal Systems offers comprehensive-hosting services that allow extended enterprises to successfully deploy SumTotal applications with minimal IT infrastructure and resources. Through our dedicated application hosting services, our customers receive worldwide access to SumTotal learning applications.
The Data Center Administrator manages Windows 2008/2012/2016 systems running custom Web & SQL applications that are part of a rapidly growing hosted environment. The administrator is a key part of SumTotal’s commitment to provide customers access on a 24x7x365 basis.
- Performs system configuration, software installation and upgrades of Windows 2008/2012/2016 systems acting as application servers and database servers.
- Remote administration of Servers.
- Troubleshooting of issues related to windows and VMware servers/Infrastructure.
- Respond to customer requests for program loads, and system customization specific to SumTotal System’s industry leading product(s).
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and operation of systems.
- Optimizes system availability, security, and performance of systems.
- Server Patching/Upgrades
- Perform all backups and recovery for the hosted environment.
- FTP/SFTP administration
- VM deployment from scratch/Template/cloning
- Provide backend support for the systems to internal Customer Support staff
- Monitor system performance and capacity; provide input for needed expansion or alternative configurations to support additional storage, database capacity, or web server capacity needs.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong Knowledge of Windows 2008/2012/2016.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Clustering, DNS, Active Directory and Group policy
- Server updates/patching validation before implementing
- Strong knowledge on Performance monitoring and analysis
- Strong Windows troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of SSL, SSO and NT Authentication
- Strong knowledge of VMWARE ESXi 6 and 6.5 Clustering, Resource Pools, Memory and CPU management, VMOTION, Networking, VM Deployment, Cloning, and templates.
- Good Knowledge on VMWARE troubleshooting skills.
- Scripting in any of PowerShell/VB will be must.
- Strong knowledge on Backup/Restore. Rubrik knowledge will be additional advantage.
- Good knowledge on FTP/SFTP. Working knowledge on GlobalScape additional advantage
- Knowledge of systems and network security principles, and general systems administration best practices.
- Basic Knowledge of Firewalls, Load Balancers, switches, and network design.
- Strong Knowledge on Change and Incident management process.
- The ability to work in an energetic, fast paced and interrupt driven environment, with openness to the demands and rewards of a 24 x 7 workplace.
- Goal-oriented attitude and demeanor to work through roadblocks, motivate external concerns and bring about resolution
- Be self-motivated and work well with end-users, management, and external technical support personnel
- Strong documentation and record keeping skills, should have skills to prepare RCAs with extreme attention to detail.
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, think-on-your-feet business environment and possess strong organization skills, excellent verbal and written communication, good interpersonal skills, and an attention to detail, and be deadline focused.
Optional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of 3par, EMC, Netapp, Tintri, Isilon and Pure storages.
Education, Training and Minimum Qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Technology or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience in job specific skills.
- Microsoft certified 2008/2012/2016 and/or vSphere 5/6 certification will be added advantage
- Experience of working in a 24 x 7 Data Center environment.
- Experience with Citrix Xenapp.
- Experience on Monitoring tool Splunk
- Experience in cloud backup technology Rubrik
- Experience in GlobalScape FTP/SFTP Servers
- Experience of managing large datacenters.
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.