Content Specialist II -Illustrator- Contract
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
- We are looking for a talented Illustrator to create original pieces of artwork i.e character based illustrations and layouts for elearning courses
- For this role, you will collaborate with instructional designer, graphics designers, animators to make sure you gasp and sketch out their business needs
- If you can use your creative skills to turn concepts and ideas into appealing illustrations and layouts, we would like to meet you.
- Tools Advanced skills in Adobe Photoshop, After effects, InDesign, Illustrator and using Wacom
- Team Work and collaboration Ensure that the delivered products or services adhere to the guidelines and standards of the company
- Be aware of the latest techniques and procedures used in drawing and designs
- Suggest new ways of improving the quality of designs and other project issues
- Work in collaboration with colleagues across different departments
- Participate in design briefs with various stakeholders to identify their needs
- Define time requirements and conformance to schedule
- Brainstorm with the design team to come up with new ideas, patterns and styles
- Conceptualization and Visualization Identify information, knowledge and skills needed by the target audience & create learning experiences to meet those needs
- Create rough drafts/sketches and layouts according to requirements
- Combine hand-drawing with digital media to create complete illustrations
- Refine designs with illustration software
- Use various colors, graphics and effects to better visualize each concept
- Quickly adapt and reuse components from existing courses into new ones.
- Suggest an optimum style based on available production time and budgetary constraints.
- Asset creation Create illustrations, layouts and maintain consistency in terms of style of the illustrations and color usage.
- Illustrations and layouts should be based on product requirements and design specifications.
- Communication Provide effective instructions in emails/documents
- Ability to listen, to be clear and ensure you’re understood.
- Effectively convey vision, ideas, goals, and issues—as well as produce data driven reports and presentations
- Others Flexibility and constructive response to changing deadline
- Compliance with company policies and procedures
- May be required to work on once-off projects/initiatives or ongoing project work as required or other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned from time to time
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have 5+ years of experience in drawing characters, Illustrations and layouts
- Proven work experience as an Illustrator, Graphic Designer or similar role
- Demonstrable portfolio of completed illustrations
- Solid knowledge of image editing and digital sketching software, like Photoshop, Indesign and Adobe Illustrator
- Drawing skills with an attention to detail (both by hand and digital pen such as Wacom)
- Strong aesthetic and conceptual skills
- Ability to collaborate and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication (excellent written and verbal skills), influencing and presentation skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment, assertiveness
- Degree in Design, Visual Arts or relevant qualification
- Advanced level proficiency and understanding of design, and animation and using the following software’s Adobe CC, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and After Effects.
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.