Union Square Hospitality Group is seeking a Pastry Sous Chef to join the team at Untitled and Studio Cafe at the Whitney Museum!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Pastry Sous Chef works closely with the Executive Chef, to maintain the highest quality and standards of operations of the Whit Food kitchen. This includes management of the Pastry Cooks, Line Cooks, and Prep Cooks and all hourly team member. The Pastry Sous Chef is responsible for overseeing the daily preparation, production and presentation of food items for service. The Pastry Sous Chef ensures the proper quantifying of menu items, ordering of product and upkeep of daily organization of the pastry kitchen. In addition to playing a large part in the actual production, The Pastry Sous Chef ensures the quality of product executed by the Pastry Cooks.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Participation in annual bonus plan
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Supervise daily operations
- Food Service
- Prep and Kitchen organization
- Safety and maintenance
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- 3+ years Pastry experience
- Strong understanding of the Tenets of Enlightened Hospitality
- Understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Knowledge and understanding of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Understand & follow written and verbal instruction & direction
- Attention to detail and ability to smell & taste
- Manages self calmly and effectively under pressure
- NYC Food Handler's Certification preferred