Manager, Demand Generation - SumTotal
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
The Manager of Demand Generation will oversee the demand generation programs and marketing funnel optimization efforts for the company’s Talent Development Suite of solutions (SumTotal). You’ll also serve as a Team Lead, helping to set the example for other demand gen managers and providing day-to-day mentoring and coaching.
We are looking for someone who has lived and breathed pipeline creation and acceleration for the past five years and has a deep understanding of the B2B marketing funnel and how to build and execute the types of programs that will drive measurable business results.
The right individual will think beyond leads, focusing on pipeline creation and progression through marketing programs that drive awareness and consideration among our buyers and learners. In this role, you must strike the right balance of strategy and execution, with a relentless drive to constantly test and improve. This person will have a high level of autonomy and accountability and requires a unique blend of self-motivation, creativity and obsessive analytical skills.
- Serve as the company expert, optimizing the SumTotal buyer’s journey across the organization. Know the language, channels, and programs that will resonate with this important audience.
- Plan and execute marketing programs that articulate the value of SumTotal’s solutions.
- Utilize the right mix of channels and mediums designed to engage our buyers and learners, including, but not limited to content syndication, sponsored email, sponsored content, sponsored webinars, etc. Continuously research and leverage new distribution channels.
- Design and execute a lead nurture strategy that generates pipeline, resurfaces leads, and accelerates opportunities.
- Build and manage a tight relationship with sales, forging strong communication and service level agreement (SLA) between teams.
- Audit, monitor, and improve top of the funnel acquisition all the way to point of sale.
- Collaborate cross-functionally throughout the planning and campaign orchestration process to ensure ongoing alignment and effective transparency with internal stakeholders around performance and areas of optimization.
- Provide weekly reports of SumTotal’s campaigns in motion and metrics, present to senior management.
Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of B2B marketing, with at least three years in the driver seat for lead nurturing, customer engagement, or demand generation programs.
- Experience working with marketing automation and CRM platforms a must (Marketo and Salesforce experience a plus).
- Strong understanding of the marketing funnel, including lead scoring, lead flow, lead management, conversion.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to aggregate data from multiple sources to make educated decisions on funnel optimization and spend across all marketing channels.
- Ability to create, communicate and present marketing plans & budgets, progress, and results.
- Record of success in driving growth on a fast-moving team with multiple concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision-making skills to promptly navigate obstacles, resolve issues, and effectively advocate for the demand gen team.
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to roll up your sleeves as part of the team.
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.