Senior Manager Global Portfolio Marketing - Compliance
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you?
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
This Senior Global Portfolio Marketing leader must have a passion and successful history for building and executing highly effective growth strategies and campaigns and delivering great products. In this role, you will take market, customer, product, and competitive inputs to develop the appropriate go-to-market strategies that accelerate customer value and drive revenue for our organization. The ideal candidate will have a passion for understanding our customers and market dynamics, exceptional understanding of product strategy and positioning, and a track record of cross functional collaboration to launch and scale products. To be successful in this role, you must be comfortable being personably accountable to achieve measurable marketing results and thrive in a fast paced, customer centric, agile marketing model and collaborating with both global, regional and business stakeholders.
- Leadership: You’ll lead an agile diamond marketing team for the compliance market segment globally; this role is responsible to lead market, competitive and customer research to shape how we position our products in the marketplace; and drive strategy with your deep understanding of our products, use cases, and buyer personas that result in increased new business and high customer retention rates for the compliance market segment. This role is accountable to achieve KPI targets as mutually established with the business and regularly reports to Senior Management and the Diamond Team on target performance.
- Product Positioning and Messaging: You’ll understand our customers’ needs and behaviors, define key benefits that differentiate our products and services, and deliver unified and compelling messaging across channels and partnerships to effectively promote our products and solutions.
- Market Differentiation: Effectively communicate the value proposition of our brand to the industry that differentiates the company and our products. Work with Customer Market Leaders and Sales to refine our industry narrative with respect to breadth and depth of capabilities, products and partnerships.
- Go To Market Strategy: Working closely with your global and regional marketing peers, Customer Market Leaders, and Sales, you’ll lead an agile marketing diamond team to implement successful go to market and launch strategies for new products and features.
- Demand Generation and Customer Focus: Strong marketing mindset coupled with proven demand generation, digital marketing acumen and customer focus are essential. You’ll work collaboratively to deliver enterprise-wide demand generation campaigns that unify and amplify brand position, customer value, and ongoing customer communications. This role owns the campaign goals and objectives for the compliance business and reviews and revises programs to maximize their impact.
- Pricing Analysis and Modeling: You may work closely with the Customer Market Leaders and Corporate Strategy team to determine the optimal packaging and pricing strategies for our products.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related Business discipline required, MBA is a plus.
At least 10+ years in a marketing role that includes solid experience successfully implementing marketing plans across channels.
- Experience driving results within a matrixed global marketing organization ecosystem, agile marketing experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience developing positioning and messaging for products that serve multiple use cases and personas, and a proven track record of creating and executing successful go-to market plans.
- Expertise synthesizing customer, product, and marketing data to make analytic-driven recommendations.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to manage complex, cross-functional projects to completion.
- Highly motivated, positive attitude, and passionate about building profitable businesses.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills with superior attention to detail. Track record of working with executive management.
- Software, high tech, and/or experience working in a highly regulated business is preferred.
Travel as needed.
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.