Software Quality Assurance Engineer I
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
SumTotal is seeking a self-motivated and energetic Software QA Engineer. The right candidate must be a team player with strong communication skills and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. This position requires the QA Engineer to hit the ground running with focus on manual and automation testing.
The successful candidate should possess a mix of manual and automated testing experience on web-based applications, as well as a demonstrated ability to create detailed test plans. Candidate will collaborate with QA teams, development teams and the project managers.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Tester or similar role
- Experience in software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test cases
- Working knowledge of test/defect management software (e.g. qTest, Jira)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Hands-on experience with both black box testing and automated testing tools like selenium
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- BS/MS Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.