Cloud Application Engineering Analyst
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
We are currently recruiting ambitious and professional Cloud Application Engineering Analyst to assist with configuring, deploying, and/or administering customized eLearning solutions in a hosted environment.
- Manage complex software solutions for future 1000 customers
- Review operational procedures
- Deployment of new solutions and customers
- Work collaboratively with other teams to diagnose/resolve performance/stability issues
- Perform daily checks and maintenance activities
- Creation and maintenance of documentation for Skillsoft operating environments covering backup and recovery, troubleshooting recurring problems, benchmarking, routine maintenance, job schedules, performance tuning and capacity planning
- Performance tuning and system optimization
- Plan and perform software upgrades
- Document issues and resolution
Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- At least five years supporting windows/internet systems
- Experience supporting 7x24 environments for Global 1000 customers is a strong asset
- Experience in the support of enterprise hosted systems is strongly desired
- Enterprise experience with installing, configuring, and supporting Microsoft Internet Information Server
- Advanced understanding of Operational challenges in a 7x24 environment
- Expert-level proficiency with Windows operating systems (Windows Server 2008/2012/2016)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2017 and database connectivity (ODBC / JDBC)
- Advanced knowledge of Internet networking technologies (TCP/IP, web servers, proxy servers, firewalls, etc.)
- Proficiency with VMWare and the management of Virtual Machines in an enterprise environment.
- A solid understanding of LAN and Intranet configurations, traffic load and potential bottlenecks
- Familiarity with SQL or other database query language
- Experience with Splunk, able to run queries to obtain information that is needed for analyzing issues.
- Proficiency in Wireshark and Fiddler and experience in analysis captures with these tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word, Outlook, Excel)
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!