Make a meaningful impact as a Stewarding Manager at Manhatta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Stewarding Manager, 28 Liberty/ Manhatta will assure the effective functioning of a facility to provide an efficient and safe working environment for employees and their activities by using best business practices to manage resources, services and processes to meet the needs of Union Square Hospitality Group. This position will be responsible for selecting, inspiring and scheduling a team of porters and cleaning crew. Other responsibilities include assistance in ensuring the compliance of DOH and HACCP standards set for receiving and food storage. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, has strong work ethic and enjoys motivating a team!
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Plan and monitor appropriate facility (Porters) staffing levels
- Provide support to all aspects of the porters daily duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with Senior Facilities Manager to prepare and track facility budgets
- Improve the operation by implementing efficient cost-saving measures with the goal of saving capital, minimizing downtime and reducing operating expenses
- Maintain knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- 1-2 Years FOH/BOH Full Service/Catering experience
- Ability to perform light maintenance repairs
- Ability to troubleshoot/problem solve
- Ability to organize and motivate self and staff
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and delegate
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills
- Computer knowledge/ Microsoft Office
- Basic proficiency in Spanish
- DOH Sanitation Certified