Be the first in making a meaningful impact as a Roof Top Lounge Host/ Hostess at Anchovy Social at the Thompson Hotel in DC!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Anchovy Social at Thompson Washington D.C. is a new rooftop bar from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, inspired by the coastal spirit of our sister restaurant Maialino Mare downstairs. Anchovy Social serves seasonal cocktails, wine, and beer alongside shareable bites like Potato Chips Cacio e Pepe and heartier plates. It’s the go-to for year-round waterfront vibes, after-work spritzes, and the occasional seafood tower. Adjacent to the bar is a private events space offering the same rooftop views, outdoor space, and its own private bar. Anchovy Social is open year-round on weeknight evenings and throughout the day on weekends.
We are seeking individuals who have great communication skills, strong work ethic, passion for hospitality, commitment to excellence, who understand the importance of teamwork. Ability to multi-task and demonstrate athleticism is a must.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- A good understanding of wine, beer, classic cocktails, and creative cocktails
- A sense of urgency and strong work ethic to coordinate bar stocking needs with the cycles of service for guests at the bar
- Strong communication and listening skills to develop trusting relationships with peers and guests
- The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure
- A warm, compassionate, and team-focused approach
- Open availability
- 1 year experience in a front of house role in a hospitality business
- Previous experience with online reservation systems such as Open Table