Senior Product Manager
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
We are looking for an enthusiastic a senior product manager/owner to lead a large agile team (located in Rochester) in the development of content publishing, user and learning management tools enabling customer organizations to the deliver and track e-learning, video, audio, ebook, assessment, and other content types. You will be responsible for the design, development, launch, tracking, iteration of the many Admin persona’s experience in our flagship application.
You will become our thought-leader in all things learning admin and will help to inform the overall roadmap. You will have the opportunity to work with brilliant people around the globe including the User Experience Research and Design teams, Development squads, Product Management, and Content Development. You will work directly with customers during the design process and will benefit from direct feedback from customers after launch.
- Contribute to the development of the product vision and collaborate with management and product managers to build a comprehensive product strategy
- Actively manage and maintain the product roadmap and backlog
- Research, document and drive all changes to products including new features, minor enhancements, and defects
- Participate in an Agile process with Engineering and QA to manage the backlog of work, refine requirements, estimate work effort and plan day-to-day product development activities
- Collaborate with User Experience Designers to build a UX strategy, develop feature-level designs, and usability testing.
- Conduct market research and analysis of competitive landscape
- Contribute to and review product release notes, user manuals and training material
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop and implement a go-to-market plan
- Support product release activities including release planning, product training, demonstrations, and customer presentations
- Provide on-going product support to direct sales and channel sales organizations helping them to understand product positioning and key benefits
Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BS or related degree required or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Software Product Management
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Domain expertise in Content publishing, Web-based Learning, Skillsoft Target Markets, and/or Training Business desired
- Ability to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Strong organization skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience with web analytics
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence or other Agile software development tools is desired
- Technical background and/or strong understanding of modern software development practices is desired
- Experience working with a virtual team is desired
- Experience with user-centered design processes and methodologies
- Experience with similar systems: Learning Management System (LMS), Content Management System (CMS), Marketing Automation Platform (MAP), E-commerce Platform
- Experience with video and/or audio production and delivery technologies a plus
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.