Vice President, Business Process Improvement
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
The VP of Business Process Improvement will be responsible for the effectiveness of strategic business processes and the development of sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements. This leader will be responsible for maintaining the business process improvement roadmap, soliciting requirements, driving alignment internally and externally, understanding the implications to end to end business processes, improving process efficiencies and fostering the implementation of the business simplification capabilities, all with a customer centric orientation. This role will have responsibility over, but is not limited to, customer support and services processes; hire to retire, lead to cash, procurement to pay, back office provisioning to commercial platforms and alignment with technical automation capabilities.
This position requires leadership and execution of large cross-functional strategic initiatives. The successful candidate will demonstrate process excellence, project management and communication skills to manage improvement initiatives and effectively deliver results. This position will lead the development of a strong process culture, building out core competencies and capabilities over time to drive towards continued improvement and increased value for all customers, internal and external.
In addition, the candidate will provide LEAN Six Sigma and continuous improvement training, mentoring and guidance across the organization.
- Design and improve business processes to achieve process and change improvements and to improve overall business results
- Support the creation of measurable benefits related to new and changing process capabilities
- Ability to effectively facilitate discovery and requirements gathering from an array of stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Ability to provide thought leadership in Business Applications organization and support Senior Leaders internally in addressing complex business process issues
- Must be able to document and present at executive level presentations
- Support the identification, selection and prioritization of continuous improvement opportunities
- Facilitate key strategic, cross-functional projects to develop and implement process improvements resulting in increased capacity, productivity, harmonization and cost reduction; identify needed resources, alignment, milestones, deliverables, project prioritization and tracking
- Identify and work to remove barriers that slow or prevent the successful completion of business process improvements
- Provide management with project status updates, feedback, and appropriate reporting on key, process-focused objectives
- Plan, support and provide Lean Six Sigma methodology training to employees
- Lead and be a team player; sets and example for others to follow
- Create an open, honest, accountable and collaborative team environment
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum: 10+ years experienced required in related field (e.g. Process Management, Process Improvement or Quality)
- Education: BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (e.g. Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, etc.). MBA preferred
- Experience with Salesforce, CPQ and ERP software on prem and in the cloud preferred
- Prefer certification in Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt or Black Belt)
- Significant improvement experience and process re-engineering in a SaaS environment with measurable benefits required.
- Excellent business acumen and ability to negotiate with business partners
- Possesses outstanding analytic and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to effectively build partnerships and take a relationship-based approach in working with internal stakeholders to deliver process efficiencies, cost savings, minimize operational risks and increase process harmonization
- Excellent soft skills such as: interpersonal facilitation, data analysis, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams
- Ability to work independent of direct supervision
- Highly organized and adept at time management
- Must have in-depth knowledge of business process mapping and modeling including experience with business process management software
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.