Senior Employee Relations Specialist
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you
thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members
hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new
things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working
for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to
these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We train more
professionals than any other company in the world. We are trusted by the
world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500. At
Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and
innovation is the fuel for business growth. Our 100,000+ courses, videos
and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160
countries and 29 languages. Our team is recognized for cutting edge
digital learning and talent management solutions.
At Skillsoft, we are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, laws,
standards and governmental regulations with Skillsoft team members and
- Support the implementation and on-going management of employee relations, HR initiatives and policy interpretations.
- Manage general employee relations issues escalating more complex issues to a member of HR management.
- Build relationships with all levels of management and team members.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to drive
continual improvement in efficiency of department and services
- Conduct new hire orientation, coordinate collection of new hire
documentation and act as first day point of contact for assigned new
- Conduct exit interviews and analyze data to identify trends.
- Document employee changes, departures, and disciplinary actions.
- Serve as point of contact for employee HR and benefits related questions and issues.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 to 5 years of relevant Human Resources experience
- Keen understanding of employment law
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems
or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards,
practices, policies, procedures, regulations or government law
- Strong project and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects to closure
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to details and organizational abilities
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to excel in a team-based environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities.
- Acute attention to detail, organized and deadline oriented.
- Comfortable working collaboratively on a global team.
- Self-starter with ability to make independent decisions.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communicator.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built
with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited
resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment
agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any
form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and
search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in
nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently
hired as a result of the referral or through other means.