Make a meaningful impact as a Server Assistant at The Modern!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As a valued member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we’ve won 28 James Beard awards)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passes and hotels – just to name a few…
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future- and you can take it with you when you leave
- Access to more than 50 Learning and Development programs to support your growth & development
- Access to Mentor Programs and Career Development advice to help you navigate your career options with us
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgement- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Understands the proper steps of service, and consistently executes them with efficiency and grace in the high-volume setting
- Ability to comprehend and communicate with teammates, management and guests in English
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Must be able to identify all food menu items and non-alcoholic menu items
- Ability to access waiter order and print checks in Micros
- Ability to memorize all table and position numbers
- Excels in a team environment and is viewed as a team player
- Responsible for all information shared at line-up, including food, beverage, service changes, and all daily specials.
- Adheres to the dress code, appearance, and grooming standards specified in the service manual.
- Follows all standards, procedures and policies established by the restaurant and USHG
- Prioritizes of tasks focusing on guest needs first
- Maintains open communication with management
- Exhibits excellence reflex at all times