Senior Design Engineer II
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Full Stack Developer primarily focused on Mobile development. Work as a Development Engineer to develop new features and reports. Design solutions for customer requirements (functional and technical)
- Play a key role in the development of new features for various clients following the design guidelines
- Play a key role in Upgrading custom artifacts to latest versions; Designing Reports; Solutioning Scripting requests
- Start to analyse the customer requirements and provide solutions that are following the guidelines of the product in at least one project type (Productization / Customization / Scripting / Reporting / Upgrades)
- Start to capture lessons learnt from the projects and share the best practices with the architects to enhance the process to ensure the lessons are applied
- Provide timely bug fixes as applicable to respective customer need
- Unit test the code thoroughly, using automated unit testing tools
- Document the changes made Comprehensively
- Deliver the work in committed time with good quality
- Support in Customer UAT till Go-Live
- Participate in agile development process, techniques, and technology
- Collaborate with other engineers to design web pages, database objects etc., do code reviews and brainstorm solutions
- Collaborate within a project team to optimize performance of complex software systems. Troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Collaborate with QA team to coordinate testing strategies and implementation
- Collaborate with PS Consulting to coordinate scope and implementation; PS Consulting could be in any timezone based on the customer location
- Collaborate with the Customer for supporting the developed feature / change demonstrations
- Collaborate with Cloud operations, customer support, quality assurance and others, as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors or master’s in computer science or a related field.
- 2+ years of enterprise software development experience in Microsoft technology stack including but not limited to .NET framework, Angular JS, Sql Server, MVC
- Strong analytical skills and object-orientated design capabilit
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun agile work environment and deliver value incrementally and frequently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to maintain good working relationships
- Innovative, resourceful, passionate about creating high-quality, high performance and highly available software
- Enthusiastic in providing logical solutions
- Mobile Development
- Jasper Reporting
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.