Senior Software Design Engineer – QA
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Design functional solutions for customer requirements (functional),Functional execution (Different Browsers,Mobiles,Tablets),API testing (SOAP,RestClients),Bug Logging (JIRA),Test Methodology (Agile),Windows / Mac / Linux,Database Testing,Knowledge/Working experience of Jaspersoft, and Accessibility Compliance
- Reviewing quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Contribute to functional and technical specifications review
- Understand the functionality owned end to end and become the POC
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Performing sprint, regression and sanity testingby deploying all kinds of testing techniques to result in quality deliverable
- Identify, evaluate, record and document the defects with appropriate priority and severity
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Agile Mindset and be able to under agile methodologies
- Assist junior resources and team in achieving overall team goals
- Providing Solutions to the customer needs with focus on the customer's industry
- Demonstrate the developed features to the customer with their data
Skills & Qualifications:
- BE (or) master’s degree in computers
- Minimum 5+ years of software testing experience in a product development company
- Strong functional testing techniques (Usability Testing, Sanity Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing etc.)
- Define effective traceability matrix, bug life cycle and other test analysis documents
- Able to develop use cases, detailed test cases and optimized execution techniques
- Familiarity with defect tracking systems and test management tools
- Experience working on agile environment
- Good at web debugging skills and able to troubleshoot
- Self-motivated, excellent communication skills, detail oriented, confident, quick learner, critical thinker.
- Enjoys multi-tasking on a daily basis.
- Ability to drive change to improve processes.
- Experience working on large, complex software projects.
- API testing knowledge
- Experience in demonstrating the qualified features to the customers with appropriate data
- ELM Domain Knowledge
- Experience in various kinds testing tools and techniques like security, accessibility etc.
- Hands on or Working programming Knowledge either on C# or Java
- Automation Experience in Selenium
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.