QA Engineer II
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
SumTotal Systems is seeking a self-motivated and energetic Quality Assurance Engineer Sr. The right candidate must be a team player with strong communication skills and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. He or she should enjoy working alone and with technical resources and project leaders as we test our enterprise software applications. This position requires the QA Engineer to hit the ground running with focus on some manual testing, but mostly the creation of automated or performance tests.
- Work closely within the team and across teams, this may require working with remote team(s).
- Review functional requirements and identify test cases.
- Develop and execute test plans.
- Identify, evaluate and document issues with appropriate priority and severity.
- Understand the functionality of the entire product and provide recommendations for enhancements.
- Review software changes to define effective automation or performance test cases and resolve testing gaps.
- Create and maintain automation or performance testing scripts.
- Review automation or performance testing results, report issues and work with other teams to resolve defects in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with virtual machines and testing enviroments..
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain scripts that integrate automation and Jenkins.
- Investigate and implement initiatives and tools to improve automation and performance processes and efficiency.
- Ability to maintain test servers to support customer test environments.
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS/MS Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- 5+ years expierence in Software Testing or Quality Assurance Role.
- 3+ years experience developing automation or performance testing scripts.
- Experience using JIRA a plus.
- Experience using Sahi Pro, Selenium, Automation Anywhere, Jmeter or LoadRunner.
- Experience working on large, complex software projects.
- Candidate should be able to provide technical leadership for automation or performance testing.
- Self motivated, excellent communication skills, detail oriented, confident, quick learner, critical thinker.
- Enjoys multi-tasking on a daily basis.
- Ability to drive change to improve processes.
- Technical experience with object-oriented methodologies, web technologies, distributed systems and database design, including: Microsoft .NET (C#, XML, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, WCF, etc.), C++, HTML, CSS, xPath.
- SumTotal Systems is an AA/EEO/Veteran's/Disabled employer.
- SumTotal does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume that is submitted by a search firm or employment agency via our website or our email system will become the property of SumTotal Systems. If you are a preferred vendor, please contact an HR Staffing Representative for resume submission.
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.