Be the first in making a meaningful impact as a Bar Manager at Maialino Mare at the Thompson Hotel in DC!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Maialino Mare is a Roman-style trattoria with an emphasis on seafood pastas and whole-grilled fish—a coastal sister to the original Maialino restaurant opened in New York City in 2009. Sourced from its local family of farmers and fishers, Maialino Mare uses quality, seasonal ingredients throughout the menu, complemented by a robust Italian wine list and beautiful, rustic desserts. Maialino Mare is located on the ground floor of the Thompson Hotel Washington, D.C., and is accessible from street level, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. The restaurant offers private dining and seasonal outdoor seating.
The Maialino Mare Bar Manager will be responsible for managing all bar operations and for delivering an excellent guest experience. The successful candidate will be able to forecast, plan and manage all beverage orders, staff and finance. The goal is to maximize sales and revenue through guest satisfaction and employee engagement. An integral member of the USHG leadership in Washington DC, this position must lead, inspire and embody our Family Values and our philosophy of Enlightened Hospitality in all interactions with our people, guests, vendors and the community.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As a valued member of our team, you'll receive:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Ensure excellent direction in the standards and practices of the Bar Program at Maialino Mare
- Maintain a high-quality, high-functioning bar
- Guarantee high performance and profitability while maintaining overall excellence & hospitality throughout each day’s specific service periods
- Ensure knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures
- Continuously build a high performance team
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- At least 2 years management experience in hospitality & fine dining
- Bartender experience
- Excellent food and beverage knowledge
- Initiative & follow through
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Attention to detail
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, POS)
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Up to date with food and beverage trends and best practices
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
- Guest-oriented and service-minded