Make a meaningful impact as a Dining Room Manager with Gramercy Tavern!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York's most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta, and Porchlight to name a few!
The Dining Room Manager at Gramercy Tavern will be responsible for all aspects of the daily operations and service standards of our restaurant. This individual will be responsible for supervising the dining room and private event execution, and ensuring each of our guests has a warm and memorable experience. The Dining Room Manager will ensure knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies, and procedures, and work to continuously build a high performance team.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As a valued member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Drive Service Standards for all Front of House positions
- Develop, update and adhere to a Training Manual & Cycle of Service Systems for all service staff that defines and articulates clear technical and social standards for service for all positions
- Appropriately and effectively schedule all service and support team staff according to team and business needs
- Ensure excellent service & hospitality is provided for all guests, community, vendors and investors
- Effectively open physical operation/close physical operation
- Ensure excellent maintenance and cleanliness of the dining room at all times
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- At least 3 years of management experience in hospitality & fine dining
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or Certification in Hospitality-related field or equivalent expertise gained from time on the job
- Excellent food and beverage knowledge
- Problem solving & delegation
- Initiative & follow through
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite