Senior Solution Architect
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
The Solution Architect team members are SumTotal’s highly skilled product and functional presales professionals who are experts in uncovering business challenges and determining how SumTotal’s innovative learning, talent and workforce solutions can solve these business issues.
A Senior Solution Architect (Senior SA) will be instrumental in driving business growth in the allocated region by achieving the technical signoff as vendor of choice so the Customer Sales Director (CSD) can get contractual signoff to close the deal. The Senior SA is a key player in winning new business and supporting key renewals by proactively strategizing with the CSD on sales strategy and product fit, configuring and performing product demonstrations in response to customer needs, managing sandboxes / evaluations and setting appropriate expectations during the sales cycle to ensure customer satisfaction whilst supporting other processes in the sales cycle as appropriate.
- Independently researches and understands the prospect’s industry and specific business to better consult with the sales team on sales strategy and presentation.
- Independently develops and delivers highly compelling demonstrations, evaluations, pilot requests and presentations that illustrate the company's solutions and how they add value to our customers.
- Proactively anticipates and effectively responds to prospect’s or customer’s concerns by articulating clear and concise information on the benefits of the company's products and solutions.
- Be able to lead conversations on technical architecture and hosting capabilities as it relates to the customer’s and prospect’s environment and technical requirements.
- Assists in the RFI/RFP process including setting RFP strategy, review of RFP team’s response, responding to follow-up questions, preparing and delivering customer presentation as appropriate. In particular, the Senior SA should be able to create new answers to the technical parts of RFI/RFPs to show the value and benefits of our solutions for prospects.
- Be highly influential in prospect planning sessions to identify ways to support the progression of the sales cycle for key opportunities.
- Owns the documenting and transferring of key prospect information to the services team for quoting and implementation kick-off purposes. This role should also be able to suggest the appropriate packages to the services team, as well as present services-related information to prospects.
- Be highly influential in pipeline generation and marketing activities. This includes leading webinars and presenting at company sessions at conferences.
- Maintain superior industry knowledge and trends relating to HCM technologies including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management and Learning Management technologies.
- Maintain a superior level of knowledge and skills on the company's products and solutions.
- Suggest and help implement the ongoing improvement of process efficiencies.
- Enter key prospect activities and opportunity progress into Salesforce.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business or Technical related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a Pre-sales or Solutions Consultant role in the enterprise software space, with a track record of partnering with Sales in exceeding sales targets.
- 2+ years of experience in the Human Capital Management (HCM) or related industry.
- Able to independently perform all essential functions of the job with minimal guidance.
- Highly self-motived individual with a passion for and strong capability with technology.
- Superior overall communication capabilities, with the ability to compellingly articulate the company's offerings and develop solutions for customers and prospects.
- The ability to operate with a sense of urgency, be assertive, competitive, and demonstrate a positive, winning attitude.
- Very strong stakeholder management abilities.
- Utilizes technical and business expertise to evaluate project needs and create leading edge solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to expand knowledge and skills and stays current with evolving technology and/or business environment.
- Works independently on large and/or complex technical projects.
- Extensive skills in delivering a great demo.
- Experience using Salesforce and other digital business tools.
- Some experience with image & video editing and creation tools.
- Field based employee required to travel approximately 50% of the time.
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.