Union Square Hospitality Group is seeking a Beverage Director to join the team at INTERSECT by LEXUS!
The INTERSECT by LEXUS Beverage Director is responsible for ensuring the excellence, creativity, brand promise, and profitability of our beverage program. This position serves as a leader, educator, coach, and mentor to the INTERSECT by LEXUS management team, Sommeliers, and front-of-house staff. The Beverage Director will ensure knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies, and procedures and work to continuously build a high-performance team.
• Ensure excellence in the standards and practices of the Beverage Program at INTERSECT by LEXUS.
• Develop and direct a beverage program that adds quality, value and enhances the guest experience
• Provide ample and continuous beverage training, tasting and education to ensure staff wine, beer, liquor and beverage knowledge is the best in our industry
• Ensure that appropriate physical inventory of all beverage items is available to staff/guests at all times
• Ensure that all POS systems, inventory systems (Binwise), wine lists and any other information pertinent to the selling of beverage remain accurate and up to date and are understood & adhered to by the team
• Actively participate in the cycle of service in order to promote, educate and sell wine to guests
• Foster and maintain a close relationship with Private Dining in order to support and creatively drive sales in PDR
• Establish and maintain positive & productive working relationships with vendors, displaying decorum and respect
• Help maintain a healthy social media presence highlighting both the family values and brand strategy of INTERSECT by LEXUS
• Continuously taste, research and remain active & relevant in the industry
• Ensure high performance, creativity, brand promise and profitability while maintaining overall excellence & hospitality throughout each day’s specific service periods.
• Ensure excellent maintenance and cleanliness of the dining room and all beverage storage areas at all times
• Organize and complete (when needed) the administrative flow of beverage throughout the restaurant (including but not limited to: updating menu and line up notes, creation of floor plans for sommeliers and others, employee check in, employee check outs, beverage stocking and other side work)
• Maintain effective & timely communication to all FOH/BOH and HO team members.
• Maintain positive working relationship with kitchen leaders and line staff throughout service periods
• Ensure excellent service & hospitality is provided for all guests, community, vendors and investors
• Continuously provide support to all service staff and actively participate in the cycle of service as needed
• In collaboration with PR / Marketing for USHG, actively find ways to market our brand and program while also periodically representing INTERSECT by LEXUS at trade events and through PR opportunities as they present themselves
• Cultivate Regulars and continue to find ways to strengthen the INTERSECT by LEXUS and USHG wine community
Requirements and Skills
• Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or Certification in Hospitality-related field or equivalent expertise gained from time on the job (specifically related to wine & beverage)
• At least 2 years management experience in hospitality & fine dining, with a concentration in wine & beverage education
• At least 2 years running a wine program (responsibilities should include list selection, purchasing, inventory management, staff training, etc.)
• Excellent food and beverage knowledge, specifically in wine and spirits
• Strong Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point)
• Strong Understanding of POS and inventory systems
• Leadership and Integrity
• Desire and ability to teach and foster growth
• Problem Solving, Multi-Tasking & Delegation
• Initiative & follow through
• Excellent verbal & written communication
• Attention to detail