Make a meaningful impact as an Executive Assistant at Union Square Events!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Manhatta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Executive Assistant to the Union Square Events leadership team handles a wide range of administrative tasks, project work, and calendar maintenance to support our Executives in achieving business goals. The Executive Assistant embodies our family values while exuding a high level of professionalism and hospitality and has an ability to apply discretion as needed to protect confidential information.
As a valued member of our team, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Participation in annual bonus plan and long-term incentive plan
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Manage the team’s calendars for maximum strategic impact; always finding the yes to accomplish more within the day, month, year.
- Manage team’s email inboxes for efficient, courteous responses written in a timely and confidential manner.
- Manage travel for Executives and others as assigned.
- File, code and submit expenses.
- Assist in project preparation as assigned.
- Constantly keep leaders informed by always trying to “connect dots” through email exchanges and in person interactions.
- Alert team to upcoming deadlines; always staying one step ahead of them.
- Support the facilitation of quarterly check-ins and annual performance reviews for their direct reports.
- Assist Business Development Team in moving along new business, current business & special projects.
- Assist in preparation for regularly scheduled Operating, Executive Committee & Board meetings including agenda management and minute taking.
- Manage consulting inbox and direct inquires as necessary.
- Manage all relevant client correspondence and ensure responses are received in a timely manner.
- Secure reservations & special requests as they are requested through the office and through clients.
- Continuously drive productivity and efficiency for the team.
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- At least one year experience in office administration and calendar management
- At least one year of experience in catering, restaurants, retail, and/or hotel operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Integrity & discretion
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years in an Executive Assistant or management role may be substituted for a degree
- Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time
- May involve reaching with arms and hands, bending and stooping
- May include occasional lifting and moving of objects of 20 lbs or more