We are looking for a newly qualified, or soon to be qualified accountant to join our team in Dublin. You will have worked in a finance role, gaining experience of the general workings of a finance team within a commercial business, or perhaps an accountancy firm. Some general ledger experience would be beneficial, however this is a good opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their finance career.
The International GL Accountant, who will report to the International Accounting Supervisor, will be responsible for specific aspects of monthly financial statements for Skillsoft’s International Entities and Subsidiaries as well as other accounting duties as assigned. The successful candidate will have an acute attention to detail, and ability to research and analyze issues to the point of resolution. The ability to work on individual projects and team projects is essential.
- Responsible for reconciling Balance Sheet accounts specifically assigned from month to month. Assist in the monthly close process – follow up on assigned duties relating to the close.
- Assist in the Interunit Account Reconciliations with Worldwide Business Units, and post F/X revaluations when applicable.
- Assist with quarterly/yearly audits, as well as annual statutory audits
- Reconcile and maintain Cash accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare payroll related journal entries using reports received from payroll department
- Asset Management – Responsible for all aspects of fixed assets to ensure all capital expenditures are recorded correctly in accordance with GAAP. This includes reviewing all invoices that are vouchered to fixed assets by AP to ensure our policies and procedures are correctly followed – including asset owner, tag #, and location information.
- Report Month over Month and Quarterly variances during close process on all Balance Sheet and P&L accounts for International business units.
- Complete VAT filings as needed based on country requirements.
- Validation of the AR balances, and performs calculation of bad debt.
- Work with the Treasury and Tax department to book GL entries with appropriate management of backup.
- Assist in the Sarbanes Oxley compliance with internal auditor.
- Document policies and procedures.
- Create and utilize automated tools for the updating, analyzing and reporting of all international financial results.
- Recommend improvement of processes through automation.
- Review policies and procedures with department Manager for improved work flow.
Skills & Qualifications
- Newly qualified, or part qualified ACCA
- Experience of working in an general finance role, with general ledger experience beneficial
- Windows, Excel, email and web-based tools
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Coordination skills with on-site statutory audit teams
- Attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task Ability to work in a team environment
- PeopleSoft 9.0 Financials Preferred
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you?
If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on! Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth. We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us. If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.