Senior Software Architect
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Looking for Senior BI Architecht to Lead Big Data implementation. Set up Distributed systems on Hadoop Eco System. Full stack hadoop developer with knowledge of Kafka and or Spark implementation. Should have implemented solutions in AWS/Azure cloud environments
- Will be an Inidividual Contributor , working with team members in a Senior Architecht role
- Will be responsible for design and implementation of BI and Big Data programs
Skills & Qualifications:
- Senior Architect with 12 to 15 years of Experience in designing, architecting and implementing large scale data processing/data storage/data distribution systems
- Extensive experience working with large data sets with hands-on technology skills to design and build robust data solutions .
- Ability to work with a multi-technology / cross-functional teams and customer stakeholders to guide/managing a full life-cycle of a Hadoop solution.
- Extensive experience in data modeling and database design.
- Data warehousing and Business Intelligence systems and tools.
- Strong experience of working with API based data exchange.
- Hands-on administration, configuration management, monitoring, performance tuning of Hadoop/Distributed platforms.
- Strong understanding of Data Analytics platforms and ETL in the context of emerging data sources like kafka/ Flink/Spark
- Relational and MPP database platforms like Netezza, Teradata.
- Expert Programming using Java/Scala/Python
- Hands on work on Unix Flatforms ( Ubuntu/Solaris/AIX flavorrs) with Shell scripting experience
- Cloud Native Architectures on AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Strong understanding of DevOps, Containers and Microservices.
- Ability to frame architectural decisions, provide technology leadership & direction
- Excellent problem solving, hands-on engineering skills and communication skills
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.