Technical Support Representative
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
We are currently recruiting ambitious and professional Technical Support Representative who will be responsible for handling customers and Skillsoft employees’ inquiries through live help, phone and email.
- In-depth understanding (“expert user”) of the functionality and capability of Customer Service tools
- Liaison with client and ensure client’s needs are met.
- Compile client reports as requested
- Routes or answers all incoming communication (email, phone, or other) from customers and clients.
- Maintains student database
- Keeps up-to-date on course/curriculum offerings’ changes to certification tracks; recommend course orders.
- Familiar with all Skillsoft products; including Percipio, Books24x7 and Skillsoft Compliance
- Maintains workload measurement time sheets to be submitted to supervisors
- Attentive to service level agreements
Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Competency in written and spoken English
- Previous experience (1+ years) working in a Technical Support function or a Customer Service Center for an e-business company, Internet Service Provider or software vendor, with experience providing service to both consumers and corporate customers
- Good knowledge of Windows Platforms, eCommerce and Web/Internet platforms.
- Experience with the following software: Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Outlook)
- HTML, firewalls, and proxy servers
- Understand and utilize new technologies/systems
- Typing speed of at least 40 wpm
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!