Senior Payroll Technical Support Engineer - Remote
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of Learning, HR and Payroll software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
The Payroll Technical Support Engineer (TSE) will play a critical role in providing customer support and technical assistance for SumTotal’s North American customer base. As a member of SumTotal’s Managed Service organization, the Payroll TSE will provide real-time support on our HR and Payroll products and customer base through e-mail and phone interactions with customers. The fundamental goal of this position is to help our customers achieve success with use of our products. This position involves customer relationship management as well as handling and resolving complex technical queries and issues in the areas of product functionality, architecture, or defect correction along with custom projects
- Partner with the operations manager, manage large client engagements, focusing on the intersection between ongoing operations, support issues and significant services requests
- Work closely with Sales, Professional Services, CloudOps and/or Support organizations to facilitate resolution to escalated client situations and drive completion of root cause analyses as necessary
- Become our main client contact’s trusted partner
- Serve as SumTotal change manager to help ease and facilitate clients through large projects
- Solve complex and basic common user problems in real time, including software functionality problems and questions; data communication/networking troubleshooting; installation problems and questions; and OS and browser related issues
- Maintain ownership of issues until resolution, drive other teams as needed, set customer expectations accordingly
- Escalate top priority, production-critical issues to the appropriate technical staff
- Communicate with corporate customers via telephone, email, or other media as applicable regarding technically complex problems identified in SumTotal’s software products, and maintaining effective customer relations
- Lead QA application testing for system upgrades; including regression testing
- Involved in customer custom application modifications; gathering requirements and writing specifications for new SOW work, analysis of current SOWs
- Develop and implement process improvements and standard operating procedures to maximize efficiencies and consistently exceed client service levels
- Identify, create and deploy proactive customer experience campaigns and drive retention and customer success
- Actively identify additional revenue opportunities for SOW, cross product sales or training that will increase SumTotal value to the customer and increase customer satisfaction
Skills & Qualifications:
- Extensive experience with payroll software support. Experience with Cyborg /Accero HR and Payroll systems is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage client relationships and execute on complex business strategies, achieving measurable results – be the trusted partner to customers
- Able to be successful with ambiguity and solving the client issues, working across functional lines to advocate and solve issues for the client.
- Experience in facilitating root cause analysis, driving solutions to complex problems, and developing standards for future use
- High responsiveness, persistence, 24x7 mentality with a strong work ethic and excellent client service skills
- Effectively collaborate, negotiate and persuade, while maintaining positive relationships with team members, internal partners, clients, and third party partners
- Comfortable with fast paced environment and all aspects of change management
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, active listening)
- Strong mastery of Microsoft Office tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Light programming experience; COBOL and CSL is desired
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Human Resources, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other technology-related degrees.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) accreditation desired.
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.