Senior Software Engineer - Fullstack (UI)
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
The UI/UX Design Engineer will be the primary UI/UX developer for a Business automation team developing infrastructure, application and business automation software as part of a digital transformation effort for a SaaS cloud hosting organization. This Engineer should be a highly motivated, customer obsessed Software Development Engineer who specializes in creating engaging and seamless software. One of the main objectives for this Engineer will be to develop software that is aesthetically pleasing, easy to navigate and “just makes sense” in order to maximize adoption of the automation platforms across the business. This individual will work within the business automation team along with several senior automation and application developers in concert with application and infrastructure automation teams in project squads that are specifically aligned to create solutions for customers that meet their requirements and maximize solution adoption.
The ideal candidate for this role will have 5+ years of experience in software development focused on the end user experience but with a broad full stack development skillset. This candidate will have experience working in agile and devops methodologies and working with team members across the organization to achieve customer desired outcomes
- Serve as the lead UI/UX developer on a business automation development team, providing guidance, knowledge sharing and pair programming in working with a team of developers through a digital transformation effort for our SaaS cloud operations organization.
- Work within and across teams to develop user interfaces, applications and systems integrations that are first and foremost focused on the customer needs, elegant in their simplicity and rugged, yet don’t over extend themselves unnecessarily.
- Responsible for interacting with all facets of the business including infrastructure operations, application operations, service management, customer service and engineering teams to understand requirements and user stories and to translate those requirements into effective automation solutions that will create an optimal end user experience
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Experience working within DevOps teams is highly desired.
- Integrating a user interface and business automation platforms with various automation and orchestration systems and various other services via RESTful APIs, python based APIs and more, resulting in a seamless customer experience that looks and feels the same regardless of the background workflows and actions invoked.
- Integration with key business systems, reporting and big data analytics platforms including SQL databases, CRMs, and Splunk to provide a consolidated view and portal for automated self service operations & providing environment visibility and transparency
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Continuously solicit/review user feedback on past efforts to refine and evolve experiences
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience in Software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
- Experience with front-end responsive UI design: HTML5; CSS preprocessors, Bootstrap , JQuery/ajax/angular Js Experience with at least 1 modern front-end framework
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries for use within applications and automation.
- Experience using REST APIs and performing systems integrations with new and existing platforms
- Demonstrated experience solving problems with innovative solutions.
- Strong accountability & ownership for activities and deliverables
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skillset
- Experienced in working as part of a team for software development/automation purposes such as an agile team or squad.
- Experience creating functional design documents, technical design documents, interviewing end users to create user stories, and translating those into finished projects
- Experience working on an Automation platform (ansible, salt stack, vrealize automation & orchestration)
- Proficiency with following languages: C#,.net,PowerShell and Python
- Proficiency with XML, JSON and SOAP protocols including serialization and deserialization of related data
- General infrastructure background and understanding
Education, Training and Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably Computer Science or Engineering discipline.
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.