Principal Software Architect (Learner Platform)
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Under the supervision of the Chief Architect with latitude for independent judgement, action and decision making, this Architect will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining critical business solutions as part of our Learner Platform team, building our world class front end web application and micro-services
- Functioning as a hands-on architect will provide technology leadership, oversight on design, development and implementation of business critical services, web UI and overall performance
- Work with product owners to build the vision and design a flexible architecture then work with the team to implement and maintain that vision
- Responsible for the implementation of best-of-breed technologies that align with technical design standards/architecture, business plans and long term strategy
- Lead POCs to create breakthrough solutions, performing exploratory and targeted data analyses
- Make recommendations to improve operational processes relative to efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide input and organizational context to major architectural designs to ensure consistency, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system
- Work with database architect to design, implement, optimize, and maintain the reporting and analytics data warehouse.
- Mac/Linux, Jira, Confluence, Git, Slack
- Node.js, React/Redux
- Docker, Kubernetes
- AWS services – ELB, RDS, S3, Lambda, SQS, Kinesis, etc.
- SQL (Postgres), NoSQL (Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
- High-volume messaging – Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS and Stream processing
- REST, JSON Schema, GraphQL
- Newrelic, splunk
Skills & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience with high overlap in culture, frameworks, tools, technologies, and responsibilities listed within
- Strong leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Passionate, curious, open to new ideas with the ability to research and pick up new technologies
- Hands-on development and design experience with React/Redux (or similar front end UI frameworks) and GraphQL
- Experience working with AWS environment and managed services.
- Agile/Scrum environment
- Horizontal scale multi-tenant microservices infrastructure and architecture
- Experience and understanding of when and how to cache for performance
- Data warehouse design, implementation, and optimization experience
- Demonstrable ability to learn new technologies and process practices
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze performance problems at scale, and make appropriate recommendations
- Ownership mindset and consistent delivery on commitments
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.