Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We train more professionals than any other company in the world. We are trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and talent management solutions.
At Skillsoft, we are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
Skillsoft’s Professional Services team provides world-class, value-add services that enable our customers to maximize the impact of their learning investment. We do this through the strategic utilization of content, technology and learning and development methodologies that drive business results.
We are currently seeking a Learning Consultant (LC) who will execute a portfolio of projects across multiple customers. The Learning Consultant is responsible for ensuring that all projects are completed within scope and to the quality standards required. Projects can include facilitating live sessions, creating marketing plans and materials, curating content, building learning programs, conducting needs analyses, advising customers on best practices, measuring results/reporting and similar learning and development activities. Establishing solid rapport and working relationships with all external stakeholders to ensure a delighted customer experience for the duration of the project and to deliver clear value in accordance to the customer’s needs as described in the contract will be important for this role. The Learning Consultant is responsible for establishing solid working relationships with internal stakeholders across all areas of the organization as needed.
· Manage the delivery of service engagements for Skillsoft clients.
· Work with account teams to focus on customer specific program needs. (E.g. engagement with stakeholders throughout the customer enterprise for analysis and alignment of learning solutions, aligning content to competency models and training needs, custom reporting and trend analysis to support value measurement, change management to support learning adoption, marketing and communication to support solution awareness, complex global roll-outs, etc.)
· Acts as a liaison for Skillsoft and provides a communication point of contact as it relates to the customer’s service engagements within the parameters of the contract.
· Conduct and participate in customer meetings virtually to collect and understand customer business needs around those services provided.
· Keeps up to date on course/curriculum offerings, changes to certification tracks, newly released versions of Percipio and Skillsoft products to inform customer of appropriate changes as required.
· Develop and maintain detailed project work plans, completing all deliverables on time and in scope.
· Evaluate project risks and raise to management in order to develop contingency plans and to respond to change in risk factors as the project progresses.
· Communicate project status on a weekly basis to management and account team, maintaining a repository of meeting minutes and project issues.
· Escalate issues that impact client relationships to Skillsoft management and internal resources for resolution.
· Pursue understanding of the customer's business and learning priorities and goals as the basis for consulting and recommendations.
· Participate and follow through on professional development opportunities as they arise.
· React to change productively and undertake other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· Consulting skills: Ability to establish effective working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders using diplomacy, courtesy and tact; to provide guidance in accordance with best practices and in a manner that enhances the customer’s perception of Professional Services and Skillsoft overall; to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Intermediate L&D knowledge: Understands foundational principles of adult learning and development and the effective application thereof.
· Industry knowledge: Understands and can advise customers on industry best practices.
· Project management: Creates and maintains an environment that guides a project to its successful completion.
· Presentation skills: Can confidently deliver an engaging message to a group of people which achieves the meeting’s objectives.
· Influence and negotiation: Use persuasion to gain the support and cooperation from stakeholders, superiors, colleagues, subordinates and other parties to achieve a desired course of action consistent with the project's(s) strategic goals and objectives.
· Data Literacy: The ability to derive meaningful information from data via data analysis and apply those insights in a way that benefits the organization or the client.
· Accountability: Taking ownership of their responsibilities and executing autonomously; Accepts responsibility for own actions and decisions and demonstrates commitment to accomplish work in an ethical, efficient and cost-effective manner. Shows readiness and ability to learn new concepts, processes, and tools.
· Facilitation: Ability to engage participants in a virtual session; mastery of WebEx and/or other virtual delivery tools
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.