Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Do you have a passion for technology and storytelling? Then, you would be the perfect fit as our next Technology Curriculum Architect!
The Technology Curriculum Strategist acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and curriculum designer in scoping, creating, and architecting our Technology & Developer curriculum. Technology Curriculum Strategists have a passion for technology and are experts in their field who are responsible for the design of curriculum for web-based instructional content via several different modalities, including Live training, recorded studio training, hands-on labs, assessments and supplemental course resources.
- Assist the management team in mapping out content to include in the Technology and Developer build plan
- Create and maintain a high-level plan for web-based or live training on a variety of technologies, including one or more of the following: DevOps, software development, cloud, security, data, networking and related technologies
- Prepare for (and pass) industry certifications as needed
- Create effective and engaging curriculum plans that will achieve an ultimate end goal for the learner
- Provide guidance and coaching to our instructors and vendors in creating quality content, as well as supporting them through the content design process
- Review and revise instructional content, including the quality assurance of content created by both internal and external resources
- Provide subject matter expertise for a variety of content development initiatives
- Conduct on-going research and development on specific discipline areas and utilize this information to enhance the learner’s learning experience
- Collaboration with team members to ensure consistent and high-quality plans and end products
- Demonstrated proficiency in the development and delivery of training/facilitated learning
- Prior experience in an educational or technology-based organization is ideal
- Instructor Lead Training or instructional design experience is an asset
- Experience in a fast-paced and agile environment is also beneficial in this challenging position
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be willing to pursue additional training and certifications as needed
- Excellent writing and communication skills required
- Technical acumen in either of the following disciplines; DevOps, software development, cloud, security, data, networking and related technologies
- Ability to contribute in a team-oriented environment, exhibiting cooperation and team spirit, is necessary
- Flexibility and adaptability in both action and thought are necessary
- Ability to embrace continuous change and exhibit the adaptability to work within demanding deadlines
- Strong time management and organizational skills; attention to detail and initiative
- Well-developed problem-solving skills are a necessity
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.