Business Automation Specialist
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Skillsoft is currently seeking an experienced Application Developer to assist with the creation of Business Automation Systems for the Customer Success Organization. This role demands extensive application programming experience, strong analytic skills as well as an ability to analyze and streamline complex business processes. The successful applicant will be required to manage multiple initiatives and respond quickly to changing business requirements.
- Creation of tools to automate or improve efficiency of repetitive tasks
- Analyze business requirements and tailor customer application solutions towards improved efficiency and accuracy
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficiency with Visual Basic for Applications
- SQL database programming experience
- Advanced understanding of common Internet protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS)
- Significant experience with Microsoft Internet Information Server
- Experience in Application Development
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems (Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista and NT Server 4.x/2000)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (specifically Excel and Access)
- Ability to design and implement innovative and maintainable solutions to complex problems
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot problems
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
- Ability to follow established processes and to help devise new and/or improve existing processes
- Professional manner with strong interpersonal skills; a team player and a relationship builder
- Excellent work habits, applied with creativity, resourcefulness and a sense of personal responsibility
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and applications quickly
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!