Senior Product Manager
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Product Manager to join our Percipio learning platform team in Hyderabad. This role is highly cross-functional and requires strong analytical skills, creative problem solving, and a passion for innovation. You will be responsible for helping us develop the vision and roadmap that increases learner engagement and ultimately helps our users achieve their career aspirations.
You will have the opportunity to work with brilliant people around the globe including Platform Product Management, Engineering teams, Content Product Management, Content Development, and User Experience Designers.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
- Collaborate with management and other product owners to build a comprehensive product strategy
- Actively manage and maintain the product roadmap and backlog of user stories
- Research, document and drive changes to products including new features, minor enhancements, and defects
- Participate in an Agile process with Engineering and QA to manage and groom the backlog of work, refine requirements, estimate work effort and plan day-to-day product development activities
- Participate in acceptance testing for every release
- Collaborate with User Experience Designers to help build a UX strategy, develop feature-level designs, and usability testing
- Assist in conducting market research and analysis of competitive landscape
- Contribute to and review product release notes, user documentation and training material
- Work with cross-functional teams to help develop and implement a go-to-market plan
- Support product release activities including release planning, product training, demonstrations, and customer presentations
Skills & Qualifications:
- Customer Focused – Demonstrates that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying, and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Initiative – Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them by looking for new and productive ways to make an impact.
- Innovative Thinking – Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise.
· Building Organizational Commitment – Demonstrates commitment, loyalty and appreciation for the organization. Conveys a high-level of concern for all employees, while helping to ensure that both their needs and those of the organization are met
· Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
· Minimum 7+ years of experience in Software Product Management
· Experience with Learning Management System solutions is beneficial
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.