Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in Corporate Learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
Skillsoft is currently seeking a talented Director, Technology, for our Compliance Solutions team. The Director, Technology has high-level responsibility for understanding, planning, and leading the delivery of Technology solutions in alignment with the specifications as established by Product Management, as well as sales and customer feedback. This individual will ultimately be responsible for the execution of the various product development initiatives and delivering such projects on time and within the established budget. The Director, Technology will interact with Executives, Senior Managers and customers on a regular basis.
This is a unique opportunity to join a well-established company that is transitioning to Agile methodology and cloud products.
- Cooperate with HR to manage the day-to-day personnel requirements of a ten-person team.
- Coach individuals on career development, while building a positive, supportive team dynamic.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management to establish a strategic vision of Compliance and enterprise solutions, while maintaining clear prioritization of technology-related deliverables
- Manage with an Agile project methodology, using Jira. Assist in defining and maintaining Jira tasks and communicating with the Skillsoft scrum master chapter.
- Collaborate with the Skillsoft architecture chapter to translate business requirements into a solution design.
- Drive change within the Compliance squad. Steadily transition the team away from legacy designs and processes.
- Coordinate with the Skillsoft engineering group to move toward open source solutions, including Git, Linux, containerization, ReactJS, NodeJS, and PostgreSQL.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline; Master’s degree preferred
- 8-10 years of experience in enterprise architecture, systems integration, package implementation and/or interactive design.
- High-level knowledge of multiple technologies, including legacy technologies such as ASP.Net, SQL Server.
- Current tools and technologies include Slack, Git, Jira, ReactJS, NodeJS, PostgreSQL, Docker, and Linux.
- Detailed knowledge of Compliance Solutions or eLearning are preferred
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.