Technical Support Engineer
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Technical Support Engineer will play a critical role in providing technical assistance for SumTotal’s global customer base. As a member of SumTotal Customer Support, Technical Support Engineers provide real-time technical support on SumTotal Enterprise products through e-mail and phone interactions with customers and by using SumTotal's internal incident tracking system. The fundamental goal of this position is to help our customers achieve success using our products.
- Developing a deep knowledge of SumTotal’s range of enterprise products
- Solve basic common user problems in real time, including software functionality problems and questions; data communication/networking troubleshooting; installation problems and questions; and OS and browser related issues
- Communicating with corporate customers via telephone, email, or other media as applicable regarding technically complex problems identified in SumTotal’s software products, and maintaining effective customer relations
- Escalate top priority, production-critical issues to the appropriate technical staff
- Maintain ownership of issues until resolution, drive other teams as needed, set customer expectations accordingly.
- Resolve incidents in a timely manner as per SLA’s.
- Provide guidance, assistance, and mentoring support to junior team members
- 3-4 years of experience
Skills & Qualifications:
- Technical and practical expertise in Windows 2000 Server, IIS, ASP, .Net, SQL Server or Oracle
- Strong customer service focus
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Graduation in Engineering / Sciences or a Post graduate degree in Computer Sciences
- Background in application support & SAAS environment is advantageous
- Must be willing to work in shifts
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.