Content Specialist – Lead AV Animation
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
As a member of our Content production team in Hyderabad, you will supervise a team and oversee the creation of designs, postproduction animations and standards for Skillsoft IT/ Business skill/Compliance products. Responsible for producing quality products. Accountable for post-production, video editing, audio editing and animations of videos and content assets. Responsible for Skillsoft library content and custom eLearning content
- Supervise and lead the AV/ Animators team
- Analyze and plan the framework of post-production according to the laid-out concept and established specifications of the project, standards and guidelines.
- Ensure that the delivered products or services adhere to the guidelines and standards of the company
- Delegate job responsibilities among team members and oversee that quality work is being completed within the deadline/ timeline.
- Be the single point of contact for the team, vendors and various stakeholders for post-production / animations
- Train and mentor AV Editors/ Designers and animators and entry-level entrants.
- Review team and vendor work products for quality and continuous improvement.
- Be aware of the latest techniques and procedures used in video editing and animation
- Suggest new ways of improving the quality of animations and other project issues
- Assist the team members to choose the video editing and animations process based on project requirements/ available guidelines and standards.
- Work in collaboration with colleagues across different departments
- Team talent development and upskilling
- May be required to work hands on in asset creation from time to time based on project requirements.
- Ensure team Creates/maintains/updates content asset library
- Follow project archival/ folder structure
- Meet/ improve production cycle times.
- Provide effective instructions in emails/documents
- Ability to listen, to be clear and ensure you’re understood.
- Effectively convey vision, ideas, goals, and issues—as well as produce data driven reports and presentations
- Flexibility and constructive response to changing deadline
- Compliance with company policies and procedures
- May be required to work on once-off projects/initiatives or ongoing project work as required or other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned from time to time
Skills & Qualifications:
- Advanced hands on skills in rapid development tools such MS PowerPoint, Adobe CC, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, After Effects and Sound Forge
- 5+ years of hands on progressive work experience in fast paced eLearning content development/ production organization in a similar role leading/managing global projects
- 5 years’ + experience in an Audio Video environment/ Motion Graphics/2D/Character Animation)
- An in-depth knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and/or After Effects or other similar video editing applications
- An in-depth knowledge of SoundForge and/or other similar audio editing/recording applications
- Excellent skills in: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, Articulate Studio, Captivate
- Excellent communication (excellent written and verbal skills), influencing and presentation skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment, assertiveness
Education and Certifications
- Education requirements required include either a Master or Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in either fine arts, applied arts, commercial arts, interface design, visual design or industrial design
- Advanced level proficiency and understanding of design, and animation and using the following software’s Sound Forge, Adobe CC, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, and After Effects.
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.