Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft’s Professional Services team provides world-class, value-add services that enable our customers to maximize the impact of their learning investment. We do this through the strategic utilization of content, technology and learning and development methodologies that drive business results.
We are currently seeking a talented Services Design Architect to join our Professional Services presale team. The Services Design Architect will be engaged to design innovative learning & development solutions to help our customers solve their most challenging business problems. Working in collaboration with Account Executives, the Service Design Architect conducts discovery, determines scope, and presents capabilities of the relevant Skillsoft services to help customers deploy an engaging learning experiences for their audience. If you are a service oriented and results driven person with practitioner-like experience and enjoy working in an agile environment, we would like to hear from you.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
• Provides creative, cross-functional approaches to addressing complex customer needs involving programs, technology and learning assets
• Provides expertise and creative solutions to support our entire service offerings, including platform implementations, learning consulting, learning administration and custom content. Responsible for defining, designing, scoping and presenting customer specific solutions.
• Supports new business and other pre-sale cycles to engineer viable Skillsoft solutions that win business for Skillsoft
• Conducts discovery, determines scope, and presents capabilities of the relevant Skillsoft services, as they relate to the products and technologies being proposed.
• Develops services solutions to support customer implementation of Skillsoft products and technology
• Establishes influential relationships with diverse customers, including business owners, by using superior consulting and communication skills
• Delivers compelling, highly refined presentations, both virtual and live, including corporate/executive briefings
• Defines and presents effective and compelling business cases that drive successful closure of sales opportunities
• Identifies business needs and opportunities within targeted accounts
• Manages sales cycles in collaboration with Customer Sales Directors
• Prepares written documents to include proposals, contracts and statements of work
• Identifies and pursues targets for new services opportunities within the customer base
Skills & Qualifications
• At least five years of experience in technology-based learning solutions and/or service sales; expertise in Learning and Development, e-Learning and Blended Learning design and implementation
• Ability to understand and communicate both strategic and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
• Superior consulting, listening and communication skills, evidenced by the ability to establish influential relationships with diverse customers both internal and external.
• Lead effective conversations with all job roles within an organization, including Directors, Executives and C-level personnel
• Contributes original and resourceful ideas in brainstorming sessions and sees opportunities for creative problem solving while staying within the parameters of good practice. Generates unique but workable and useful solutions to difficult problems and thinks in terms of desired outcomes, not just reactive, quick solutions.
• Superior presentation and facilitation skills for meetings and group activities, both virtual and live, demonstrating the ability to guide groups, and listen and question effectively
• Excellent written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to write with purpose, clarity, and accuracy
• High attention to detail demonstrated in quality of materials produced
• Effective project management and organizational skills
• At least five years in an instructional designer role design or developing custom learning solutions
• Superior skills in critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making, which balance analysis with responsiveness for independent, solution-focused action
• Superior self-directed work habits, exhibiting strong initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance and professionalism
• Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to act as a strategic partner to the client and the sales team
• Experience with large accounts; national or global learning experience strongly recommended
• Previous experience working with virtual teams
• Up to 30% travel (both by land and air) as required
• Customer Focused – personally demonstrated that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying, and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner
• Initiative – Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them by looking for a new and productive ways to make an impact
• Innovative Thinking – Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise
• Building Organizational Commitment – Demonstrates commitment, loyalty and appreciation for the organization. Conveys a high-level of concern for all employees, while helping to ensure that both their needs and those of the organization are met
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Instructional Design, Organizational Development, Human Resources, etc.) or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
• Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
• Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
• Adaptable, embraces change.
• Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
• Customer service minded.
• Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.