Principal IT Support Technician
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Skillsoft Corporation is searching for a Principal IT Technician with at least 10 years of technical experience. This position provides specialized Tier II and Tier III technical support for clients through the Help Desk function. This role will require establishing a strategy for how we build and deploy technical services and enhance training materials.
- Develop and implement software update schedule
- Create software images for endpoints
- Support network access including DHCP and DNS for end users
- Administration of cloud applications
- Mange user accounts with Active Directory
- Track hardware/software through asset management system
- Manage different systems for user access and connectivity
- Participate in on-call rotation
Skills & Qualifications:
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft and Apple products
- Knowledgeable with patching schedules
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be fluent with MS Windows operating systems, Mac OSX and Apple IOS
- Ability to multitask
- Basic networking skills and TCP/IP concepts
- Troubleshoot, analyze, resolve, and document problems
- Ability to manage projects
- MDM experience a plus
- Microsoft Autopilot experience a plus
Education and Certifications:
- A+ Certification or Equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.