Business Development Consultant
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Position requires Consultative Sales approach, Outbound lead generation, Key Account management, Cold calling & Email prospecting. Experienced on working with Key Accounts or Large Enterprise segment, cross-functional player who thrives in a culture of collaboration. Work with multiple sales teams to cultivate prospect lists, drive initial contact, and identify potential opportunities using BANT criteria.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements.
- Proven experience as senior key account executive / key account manager.
- Specific experience -Around 5 years in relevant industry/ preferably having managed OEM/ Projects business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to persuade/influence.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5 Years of Experience in selling SAAS products.
- Prior experience in Lead Generation / Business Development / Presales.
- Deep understanding of the Challenger Sale’s methodology, outbound prospecting, target account management, call coaching, email writing, and usage of social media in prospecting and securing appointments.
- Mastered the art of the cold open, have developed skills for overcoming objections, and have a healthy approach to handling rejection.
- Ability to have matured conversation with Senior Leadership in prospective customers.
- Should be able to understand technology products and speak about them confidently.
- Position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organization and time management.
- Master of elevator pitch and consultative thought process.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects effectively under deadline pressure.
- Creative and able to adapt quickly to change.
- Experience with Salesforce or any similar CRM software.
- Collect and provide constructive feedback to cross functional co-workers to drive continuous improvement of process.
- An MBA degree from a reputed institution is a plus.
- Prior experience in the learning and HCM industry is a plus.
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.