Senior Cloud Operations Analyst
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Skillsoft is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Cloud Operations Analyst professional to assist with capturing, storing and reporting on all dimensions of end-user experience as well as application, system and platform performance metrics to ensure application reliability, efficiency and scalability for customized eLearning solutions in a SaaS cloud environment.
- Provide insight into all dimensions of end-user performance management, system performance, uptime and infrastructure analysis
- Administer platforms and systems relating to end-user performance, monitoring and log analysis
- Work collaboratively with Development and Hosting teams to identify underperforming applications
- Prepare and provide routine and ad-hoc usage and performance data reports to multiple stakeholders
- Identify trends in usage and/or user experience
- Assist in advanced troubleshooting and research for customer or business centric issues
- Prepare and maintain system and procedural documentation
Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- At least 5 years of experience in a related discipline
- Experience in the support of enterprise hosted systems is strongly desired
- Exceptional understanding of common Internet protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, SMTP)
- Ability to decode network traffic and perform packet-level analysis
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems (Windows Server 2003/2008/2012)
- Proficiency with Linux operating systems and shell scripting (Redhat Enterprise Linus, Amazon Linux)
- Familiarity with AWS monitoring tools (CloudWatch, X-Ray)
- Familiarity with SQL or other database query language
- Familiarity with PowerShell
- Experience with application and system monitoring systems (Splunk, New Relic, SolarWinds, Amazon Web Services, Machine learning, Artificial intelligence, Data science)
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; and ability to perform under pressure
- Professional manner with strong interpersonal skills; a team player and a relationship builder
- Self-directed work habits, applied with creativity, resourcefulness and a sense of personal responsibility
- Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
- Ability to think strategically and plan for innovation/change; flexibility/adaptability
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!