Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Skillsoft is seeking an experienced professional outside sales executive with a history of over performance in quota attainment to join our Field Sales team. As an Account Executive at Skillsoft, you will sell complex enterprise solutions supported by the best sales talent, training and tools in the e-learning industry. A fluent German speaker, you will be home based, either in the UK or Germany, focusing on the DACH market.
- Win new business for the leading global provider of e-learning content and technology products within assigned territory
- Work independently and with business development resources to develop and execute prospecting strategies to identify, qualify and close new business
- Perform as self-starter who can effectively work within a strong team culture while being independent in managing his/her business
- Set face to face meetings with business leaders and decision makers including “C” level executives within our target marketplace
- Deliver compelling customer presentations that expertly articulate the Skillsoft Value Proposition
- Develop, maintain and grow an ongoing sales pipeline
- Maintain current and accurate information on account status and sales activity in SalesForce.com
- Manage the sales process from initial contact through close
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Skillsoft consultative and solution selling process.
- Apply solution and Challenger-based sales skills to manage account cycles
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years successful sales experience in a complex and collaborative sales environment; direct experience in the learning or human capital, human capital technology space is preferred.
- Sales experience must demonstrate ability to exceed sales targets. A keen understanding of the steps involved in a sales cycle and ability to leverage each stage to advance the sale is required
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply proven sales methodologies such as the CEB Challenger Sales approach
- Be able to call high in an organization and interact with senior level corporate management
- Must be comfortable demonstrating software and speaking to technical and non-technical executives alike
- Operate with a sense of urgency, be aggressive, competitive, and demonstrate a positive, winning attitude
- Superior time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Negotiate effectively based on value and time to close
- Solid grounding in business concepts and dynamics
- Possess the ability to understand complex client requirements and to clearly articulate the company’s offerings to develop solutions to meet those requirements
- Possess understanding of current web and cloud technologies
- The ability to develop and sustain critical relationships across client and prospect base is essential
- Must have proven ability to expertly use common desktop office and business technologies
- Exceptional overall communication skills
- Willingness to travel (30% plus)
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.