Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack)
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
To succeed in this challenging journey we have setup multiple co-located team across the globe (Hyderabad, US, Europe), embracing the scaled agile framework, a Micro Services approach combined with the DevOps model. We have passionate engineers working full time on this new platform in Hyderabad and it’s only the beginning. You will have the chance to work with brilliant people and some of the best development and design firms in addition of working with cutting edge technologies as React, Elixir, Node.js, Ruby, Docker, Kubernetes.
This position is responsible for architecting, designing, creating, testing, and ensuring the quality of moderately complex software for a major product or product line. Principal Software Engineer will perform complex code modification, testing, and debugging tasks as well as provide high level research and analysis related to software design and development
We are looking for exceptional Java based full stack developers to join our team and also learn new technology as Node.js which some of our teams already use. You will work jointly with Architect and DevOps to form a fully autonomous development squad and be in charge of one part of the product.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 7+ years of software engineering development experience background working with developing cloud based enterprise solutions.
- Strong knowledge in working with REST API*, Web services and SAML* integrations
- Experience working with databases preferably Postgres.
- Experience with frameworks (Spring Boot, Ruby on Rails)
- Experience with DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, AWS)
- Experience in UI Test frameworks (CasperJS, PhantomJS, Mocha, Jasmine, JEST, Selenium, etc.)
- Experience with code versioning tools, preferably Git (Github, Gitlab, etc) and the feature branch workflow
- Good in multi threading, algorithms and complex problem solving skills
- Advanced design, debugging and coding skills
- Experience with automation tools like Maven, Gradle, NPM, WebPack, Grunt
- Must know how to code applications on Unix/Linux based systems*.
- Experience in working with Agile/Scrum environment*.
- Challenge the status quo.
- Encourage and use experimentation as a tool to achieve continuous improvement of team performance.
- Support design and refactoring through rapid prototyping and experimentation during research and refactor spikes.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Participate in self-directed learning activities aimed at developing deep expertise within technical domain, including reading relevant publications, participating in domain forums or groups etc.
- Have a deep understanding of context within which our products are being developed, deployed and used.
- Have a solid understanding of the user personas for the product within the technical domain and deep empathy for the needs of those users.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand complexities and how components connect and relate to each other
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Technical expert with in-depth programming and product knowledge and strong technical skills combined with project management and leadership ability.
- Prepare for Release Planning, including:
- Support Product Management in program backlog refinement, and estimating features and epics.
- Collaborate with the System Architects to:
- Understand and communicate non-functional requirements relevant to the team/feature.
- Identify and define Architectural epics and features in the Program Backlog, including refactors.
- Capture and communicate how the system does what it does using whatever form of documentation is appropriate to serve the Release Planning process.
- Actively participate in Release Planning:
- Establish own capacity/velocity for each increment.
- Support story refinement, help identify risks and dependencies.
- Support the Agile Team in establishing achievable PI objectives.
- Help to identify dependencies and foster cross team co-ordination.
- Commit to the mutually agreed plan.
- Prepare for Iteration Planning, including:
- Actively participate in backlog refinement sessions in collaboration with other Agile team members.
- Identify and capture backlog items local to the team, such as defects and refactors.
- Participate in Iteration Planning, including:
- Actively participate in team planning and contributing to team goals.
- Work with the Product Owner to establish the acceptance criteria for a story.
- Volunteer for and commit to delivering stories and tasks within the iteration.
- Contribute to a statement of the iteration goals, working in partnership with the Product Owner to define the business objectives for the iteration.
Education and Certifications:
- BE or MCA or equivalent preferred
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.